Monday, September 7, 2009

Regaining Control

Anyone who knows me knows I like things orderly. From the laundry being finished to the house being picked up, I pride myself on my system of control. Lately though I am losing "control" being pregnant has put me on slow motion whether I want to be or not and I am finding it a bit difficult to cope with. Everyone seems to assure me that once I am out of my first trimester I will feel a sudden burst of energy and suddenly feel great. Guess what? That day is approaching fast and I see no light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe I should take it easy and learn to "chill out" but really...can you teach an old dog new tricks?

3 comments:

suzy said...

Oh Lydia!! You are pregnant!
I am so happy for you!!

I don't think you can teach a dog new tricks. Speaking only on behalf of myself.
Sometimes I know I am making more work for myself, because everything has to be just so...but it makes me feel happy. So for me it's either being restful and feeling guilty because I have things to do, or feeling happy but exhausted. :)
But I also say, you are pregnant and growing a little person so just take it easy.
I can't wait to follow your journey.
x

LMG said...

Thanks Toni you are so sweet. Your words are so wise.

Dani said...

Lydia! I've missed you! I know you are sleeping...so I stay quiet. BUT! This never happens, but I am going to disagree with Toni. I think you can teach an old dog new tricks. ;) This is also just based on me. My friends always make fun of me because I try my best to keep everything just so. And they never believe me when I tell them that there is a mess in my house. But lately, especially this summer, this has been happening a lot. For me, having a clean and tidy house brings me much joy. But making messes with my kids, showing them the world, spending time with family and starting projects also brings me much joy. I'm learning to balance all of my happiness, but also to let go of things-and for me, sometimes a clean kitchen is less fun than taking a walk or even sleeping. The house will be, Lydia. You are creating a new life! Take it easy.